Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: A meditation on sushi - with a twist

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


A meditation on sushi - with a twist

Candy Sushi - 4

(Plate of sugarful sushi © 2006 Nika)


Sometimes it is fun to play with food and the idea of food. I was in that sort of mood when I set out to approximate sushi as closely as I could with grocery store candy.

How To:

You can do this in so many ways, I chose the following methods.

Some of the basic materials included: fruit leathers, marshmallows, red hots, coconut shavings and an Xacto knife.

Candy Sushi - 1

(Basic building blocks - fruit leather, coconut, red hots, marshmallows © 2006 Nika)


I used white marshmallows as an inner white base to lend stability and structure to the rolls.

Candy Sushi - 2

(Construction © 2006 Nika)


On some of the rolls I topped off the marshmallow with coconut for a plain roll. On others I added red hots to imitate red tobiko.

Candy Sushi - 3

(Red Hot Tobiko © 2006 Nika)


Enjoy!

Candy Sushi - 5

(Another view of the sushi © 2006 Nika)

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats