Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: Food & Wine Magazine Photo Contest: I am one of the first place winners!

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


Food & Wine Magazine Photo Contest: I am one of the first place winners!

First Place win in Food and Wine Mag food photo contest

(My winning image: Spice cake with homemade dark chocolate sauce
© 2006 Nika)


I am very proud and honored to say that I am one of the four first place winners in the first annual Food & Wine Magazine food photography contest!

They write about the contest on the Food & Wine Magazine web site.

The grand prize was a very spiffy Canon camera. Firts place winners got most excellent swag, as seen below!

The grand prize winner Jessica Thomson of Seattle, WA won with an image of "Papaya-Jalapeno Sorbet in Black and White Espresso Cups". Very lovely.

The other three runners up are:
- Linda Nihot of Astoria, Ny with "Eggs in Bombay"
- Karen Bolla of Alameda, CA with "Pears"
- Christian Remy of Brooklyn, NY with "Cooling Pomegranate Syrup"

I got three books and a lovely letter from their director of photography. These are great books filled with lots of excellent food photography. Cant wait to dive into them!

Food & Wine food photo contest - Woo hoo!  I am one of the runners up!

(F&W SWAG! - personal info erased © 2006 Nika)


When I hit the submit button I NEVER thought it would win, I just dont WIN contests, ever. All I can say is that you can never know how these things will turn out unless you give it a chance!

Again, my thanks go out to Food & Wine for selecting my photo this year!

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats