Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: Judging and Peppermint Fluff Martinis (Well Fed Article)

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


Judging and Peppermint Fluff Martinis (Well Fed Article)

(If you are looking for information on my contribution to the Menu for Hope III event go to this permalink)

peppermint fluff martini


I have been writing up a storm over at the Well Fed Network these days but not posting (as I should) here because things have been hectic! I have included my latest Spirit World article below for your sugar high consumption needs.


(link to that announcement)

I have a bit of other news - I was asked to be one of several judges for the annual Food Blog Awards, held over at the Well Fed Network. I am honored and very cognizant of the challenges that I will be facing. I take the awards very seriously (in terms of it being important to everyone concerned and the food blogging community) and will do my very best. I would also like all to know that, when asked to be a judge, I chose to withdraw myself from any consideration so that I can judge all categories (makes sense to me!). Being a good judge and member of the community is more important to me than winning one of the awards (not that I would, for sure! There is time in the future for all that)

Peppermint Fluff Martinis (Well Fed Network Article 12/16/06)

This month’s drink for the Designated Driver is actually much more for the sugar-addicted than any other drink I have written about here before. I would be afraid to guess how many calories it might contain. It is honestly only for hard-core fluff lovers and adventerous adults and children.

I decided on this concept when I was making some rice crispies christmas cookies earlier this month.

christmas rice crispie treats


The fluff you use to make those cookies is really an amazing compound material. While it was cooking in the pan, it sort of deflated and became less than it was so I wanted to see what I could do with it that kept its glorious color and texture.

I surfed over to the official Fluff site and found their online cookbook (PDF) with all sorts of high-caloric nefarious recipes! This is actually the 9th edition of the Yumybook, the first was published in 1930! On page 13 are their “shakes”, drinks made from fluff, milk, and various amendments. I extended the concept and created the Peppermint Fluff Martini in this post. I am sure you can come up with your own favorite variation!

This recipe could benefit from the addition of peppermint schnapps if you were so inclined. I am working on one made with kaluha myself.

Peppermint Fluff Martini

The Yummybook directions call for the use of a blender, I used a stick immersion blender instead. It works just fine.

Ingredients:
* 2 tablespoons fluff
* 2/3 C cold milk (I used 1% because thats what I had, didn’t effect it negatively. Might not want to go with the cream, not sure if that would be too fatty and cause pools of fat on the top of the drink)
* Crushed pepermint sticks
* 1 peppermint stick, dipped in melted chocolate
* red food coloring
* Lorann natural peppermint oil
Directions:

Into a tall narrow mixing container add the fluff, milk, and 1 drop peppermint oil.

Mix until all fluff lumps are gone.

Split mix in half and add red coloring to one half, mix until incorporated.

Layer the white and pink fluff with additional peppermint chunks throughout.

To decorate top edge of glass (as shown), before assembling the drink dab a small amount of fluff on the edge and then dredge in finely crushed peppermint candy.

Finish with chocolate dipped peppermint stick.

Give to your loved ones. They will be lucky to finish one of these.

KD snacking out on peppermint fluff


Resources:
Rumple Minze Peppermint Schnapps
Fluff
Lorann Oils

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats