Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: Philosophical Tomatoes

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


Philosophical Tomatoes

My creation


Blossom End Rot, I know thy name.

My cherry tomato plant has been slowly yielding and it has lots of green fruits teeing up for their shot at the big time.

bad-tomato-6-060708-jpg


My larger plum tomato (at least thats what I think it is, I forgot!) also has many fruits ready to ripen.

bad-tomato-5-060708-jpg


I noticed a few on this larger plant that had begun to ripen but then when I looked closer, they were evil looking.

Case in point is this shot that shows how they are rotting from the blossom end!


bad-tomato-1-060708-jpg


Brenda from Culinary Fool was able to identify what this is immediately and even provided a link on Blossom End Rot.

You might think I am beside myself in anger or despair but I am not really. There is a chance to fix this problem.

Thus I am actually thankful for this small lesson in horticultural illness, something a plump red juicy unblemished store tomato would never have taught me.

Food can feed your brain as well as your tummy.

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats