Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: Cheese Sandwich Day 2006! More Food - Less Whine

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


Cheese Sandwich Day 2006! More Food - Less Whine



Seems I have missed out on some excitement recently. As I ease back into blogging while I eat my saltines, I will write about something that doesnt require me to take new pics of foods :-)

I am in the camp that believes that the whole print-media-passing-judgement-on-food-bloggers is wacked.

Dude, yeah you paid food writers: I think you retain your credibility if you comment on the existence of we food bloggers but dont make the mistake of putting yourself into our league. Save us all the trouble.

We do not blog for glory or money, we blog our lives. Thus, what we do is so completely outside of your purvue that it is embarassing even to see you make the mistake of judging us. It shows how much you do not understand this new trend in food, the grassroots self-enablement of food publishing.

We are not blogging to compete with food mags, as if! Stop trying to compete with food bloggers. We CAN exist in the same eco-system. It just takes a little ego-adjustment, me thinks.

So in honor and solidarity with other food bloggers across the b'sphere, I post a few less-than-fabulous pics of a grilled cheese sandwich I ate recently. Grilled cheese aint supposed to be purty but they are some of the most essential comfort food, and simply authentic.

Sorta sounds like alot of blogs I know too.

Making it:

grilled cheese sandwich heaven


Serving it up:

lunch - grilled cheese sandwich




Stick that in your toaster oven and turn it on high.

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats