Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: A mesclun spring?

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


A mesclun spring?

mesclun-3-jpg


I went shopping yesterday and was considering those foods which would be season appropriate for my area (its snowing outside as we speak). Those foods would be old leathery potatoes, cabbage, rutabagas, turnips, and carrots that you would dig out of the damp sand of the root cellar.

It is a whole lot easier to be high and mighty about eating seasonal food if you live in California than if you live in Massachusetts, thank you very much!

I walked on past those cabbages doing my best I could to not wollow in the memories of the pain I always experience from eating cabbage.

I was seduced by spring greens, heads of lettuce, springy bunches of romaine, and boxes of fresh mesclun *sighs*. My body thanks me but my interest in eating seasonally remains a vague and abortive fantasy. No doubt, mid Februrary in Massachusetts is the WORST time to consider this way of eating.

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats