Thanks so much for visiting. My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please take a moment to visit Nika's Culinaria (new blog) and update your bookmarks.

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes: incrementally better!

Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

Culinary Photography


incrementally better!

As you well know, I have been quite out of touch here, been laying low, been laid low. I have not cooked in ages and I am lucky when I can eat what the husband cooks. He will ask me what I want and then by the time he is done cooking, I want something else and what he cooked seems to be unfathomable to my poor tummy.

As I am not cooking and cant stand the sight of food, its been impossible to shoot food so I have been taking a break, tho I feel bad about it.

There is a simple explanation for all this craziness, one that I still am reticent to share (only because Life is Risky .. and one never knows how these things turn out).

See, I cant eat, I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks without trying, all because of hormones. You can see what I mean in the pic below.

Ultrasound 3-1-06


So I have come out :-).

The good news is that the nausea, fatigue, and vertigo are easing a bit so I am emerging a bit back into the world.

Another really good thing, something that is getting my behind up and moving next week, is that I have been granted a press pass as a writer for The Well Fed Network to the International Boston Seafood Show next week!

This is very exciting and I will be shooting lots and writing several articles for this blog and the Well Fed Network.

Imagine more than a 1000 exhibitors showing off their fresh seafood! I will have to be careful to pace myself and naturally will be looking for seafood from specialty providors that certify a low heavy metal and toxin count in their product.

Mercury, other heavy metals, toxins like pesticides and sustainable and organic aquaculture will be my bias.

I will be very sad to not be able to eat sushi samples tho!

Thats gonna really tear my heart out!

I am going all day Monday and after that I will be posting stuff here on it.

Stay tuned!

View blog reactions



Links to this post




© 2005-2007 Nika's Culinaria - Eat With Your Eyes

web stats